Sunday 10 June 2012

Nina Nesbitt makes The A Team

A few months back I heard a song called 'The Apple Tree' on Radio One. It was very beautifully written and sung; gentle yet with a subtle back beat providing the pulse to the song. I stopped what I was doing to listen but later forgot about my encounter with the song; however as fate would have it, I came across the song again and decided to look into it on You Tube...

What I found was a collection of songs also sung so beautifully and I was reminded of someone whenever I listened but I couldn't think who. Then I saw a comment hailing this singer, the wonderful Nina Nesbitt, as the female Ed Sheeran and it all made sense. Like Ed she has a soft, subtely powerful and beautiful voice as well as credible and unique songwriting abilities that separate her from many female singers currently in the music business. I can't think of a single female artist to compare her to- Nina is unique and that's what I think will set her in good stand in months to come; her time is coming soon.

Co-incidentally, Nina has been touring with Ed the past few months and a duet is something
I would love to hear; voices like theirs are made to be intertwined together in perfect harmony.
Previously a model, Nina decided to put a hold on her blossoming model career and instead focus
on her music, a decision that I am certain will pay off in the next few years. Her debut EP 'Live Take'
is out now if you want to hear her captivating voice for yourself, or if you prefer to listen before you
buy, check out songs such as 'Glue' and 'Noserings and Shoestrings', or her cover of 'Babylon by
David Gray which is so hauntingly perfect that you feel like you a listening to an angel of sorts.

Nina is set for big things and I truly hope she makes it as the current music industry is lacking a
female musician like her; people of all ages need to be exposed to her voice and her lyrics if only
so that they can witness the beauty and realism of both. Nina Nesbitt is on par with Ed Sheeran
most definitely, and just maybe she'll experience that same juggernaut to success as the fantastic
Ed has. Look out for her name in the future; it's a name you'll want to remember.

Homepage: http://www.ninanesbittmusic.com/
The Apple Tree: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZH-wSddNmg
Noserings and Shoestrings: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3PT4T6bQHc&feature=relmfu
Glue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S_93CJwPGo&feature=plcp
Babylon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOVKPI7nS0g&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment