Thursday 15 November 2012

THE GREAT GATSBY BULLET BITE

Hello everyone! This is going to be one of the only none music related posts ever posted on Tee Pot Music, and it's a quick one, dedicated to the indulgently glamorous 1920's Fitzgerald classic 'The Great Gatsby'.

As some of you may know, it boasts a fantastic calibre of talent including Carey Mulligan, Toby Maguire (aka the Spiderman) and heroic heartthrob Leo DiCaprio. You can expect to see Baz Lurhmann's promising creation filter into your cinemas on May 10th, 2013 and while I know that is quite a while a way, there's no harm in getting excited now, is there?
Plus, I think we can expect a fabulously extravagant soundtrack too, seeing as the trailer is set to 'No Church In The Wild' by Kanye West & Jay Z, a choice I thoroughly approve of.

Due to my English Lit course requiring me to read  the novel, I have now been sucked into the glamour, mystery and tantalizing allure of the roaring 20's am a full Gatsby convert with an aching desire to time travel to an era encased in a delicate bubble, sandwiched between the two World Wars.
Who could resist the promise of 1920's New York where glamour, sparkles and luxury prevailed and reigned supremes? A time when lavish parties danced long into the moonlight hours, when ladies dressed in their finest attire, men donned suits so crisp and luxurious and life was all about the diamonds on your fingers or the motor cars in your garage.
When wealth was defined by the houses you occupied upon Long Island's wealthy banks, or the apartments you bought in the grand Manhattan metropolis. 
I know I certainly couldn't.

You may think this book is not to your taste or you may think this book is simply sublime, either way, I insist you read it if only for the opportunity to enter an elegant world so different from the one we occupy now.
I may feature more about The Great Gatsby come Spring but for now, I think this bitesize bullet will do just fine. I hope you like the graphic I have made, just because I really am that sad.

Check out the wonderful trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rARN6agiW7o

No comments:

Post a Comment